Leeds United have been linked with Huesca’s Samuel Saiz.
According to Spanish paper AS, Leeds United are keen on signing Huesca forward Samuel Saiz with his reported low release clause a big incentive for the Yorkshire club to make a move.
The Championship side are looking to bolster their atttacking options ahead of the new campaign, though many at Elland Road may never have heard of the 25-year-old making big strides in his native Spain.
Aside from Leeds’ reported interest, AS also accredit Leicester City as showing an interest in the forward.
But who is Samu Saiz? Here are five interesting facts Leeds supporters may wish to know about the player.
- Born in the Spanish capital Madrid in 1991, Saiz arrived at Real madrid’s youth academy at the age of eight and went on to progress through the youth teams during his teenage years.
- The 25-year-old is predominantly a forward and made numerous appearances for the Real Madrid C team before breaking in to their official B side, playing in Spain’s segunda B (third tier).
- Saiz enjoyed a spell at Sevilla’s B team on loan and then had a brief spell at UD Melila before joining top-flight side Getafe, making his La Liga debut for the club in 2012.
- Despite his improvements, further spells in the lower tiers followed before he signed for Huesca last summer, and not soon after he scored his first professional goal in Spain’s top two tiers.
- Standing at 5ft 8inch, Saiz made three appearances for Spain’s U19 side. His progress has been widely praised in his homeland considering his struggles for regular first-team football at the start of his career.