The new Villans boss is weighing up all the options available to him ahead of his side's forthcoming Championship campaign.
New Villa boss Di Matteo
Roberto Di Matteo is weighing up all the options available to him, it seems, after promoting three young forwards to his first team.
The Birmingham Mail reports that Rushian Hepburn-Murphy, Andre Green and Harry McKirdy were each drafted into the Italian's senior set up on Wednesday, having began the week with the development squad.
McKirdy, a versatile attacking midfielder, is the only one of the trio not to have played for the first team, with winger Green and striker Hepburn-Murphy both making their debuts last season.
Di Matteo has been tipped to add to his attacking ranks this summer, with West Brom's Rickie Lambert (Birmingham Mail) and Fulham's Ross McCormack (Get West London) two of the most notable names to be linked with moves to Villa Park.
Is West Brom's Lambert Villa bound?
Meanwhile, another target alleged target, Dwight Gayle (the Sun), completed his move from Crystal Palace to Newcastle United on Friday.
However, the Villa boss is seemingly in no rush to get out Tony Xia's chequebook, with senior marksmen Jordan Ayew, Rudy Gestede and Gabriel Agbonlahor remaining at Villa Park so far.
New Villa owner Xia
Ayew, who's said to be attracting interest from Premier League sides Bournemouth (Daily Mail) and West Ham United (also Mail), told Ghanaian TV channel GH One: "For now, I'm still a Villa player. We'll see what God has for me (this transfer window)."
Jordan Ayew scores for Villa