According to the Daily Record, Rangers are in talks to sign former Crystal Palace defender Adrian Mariappa on a free transfer.
The Gers have already added five summer signings in Clint Hill, Matt Crooks, Josh Windass, Jordan Rossiter and Joey Barton, but manager Mark Warburton is now looking for more.
Right back James Tavernier needs competition whilst another centre back could be targeted - and the Daily Record report that talks have today been held with defender Adrian Mariappa.
He may not be a familiar name for Rangers fans, so here are five facts about the player as Gers supporters get to know their potential new signing.
1. Mariappa, 29, has in fact already worked with manager Warburton. The defender and the Gers boss were together at Watford, meaning a move to Ibrox would prove to be a reunion for Mariappa.
2. The defender made almost 250 appearances for Watford, winning promotion to the Premier League with the Hornets in 2006 having come up through the ranks at Vicarage Road.
3. Mariappa moved on to Reading in 2012 and then Crystal Palace in the summer of 2013, where he has stayed until being released this summer.
4. Now a free agent, Mariappa can play at right back or centre back, and has now made more than 100 appearances in the Premier League.
5. Mariappa also has 38 caps for the Jamaican national team having qualified through his grandparents, but could have played for Fiji through his father.
Would you be happy with the signing of Mariappa?