The Swedish striker has impressed in his homeland this campaign.
Reports have recently linked three Championship teams with a move for Kalmar FF striker Marcus Antonsson.
General view of a Police officer outside the stadium - Villa Park
So what do we know about the potential new Leeds, Villa or Cardiff player?
Here are five facts…
1) The 25-year-old is a hard-working striker with a knack for finding himself in the right place at the right time.
2) He came through the youth ranks at Halmstads BK before joining Kalmar last Spring.
A general view outside the stadium before the match - Cardiff City Stadium
3) He has gone on to score 25 goals in 47 games for Kalmar since making his switch.
4) Despite his recent goalscoring form and records he is still to feature for the Swedish national team for the time being.
5) He is currently the top-scorer in this year’s addition of the Allsvenskan – with 10 goals – ahead of three other names on eight goals.
Leeds United's Mirco Antenucci shoots
Leeds are looking for a new striker, with Mirco Antenucci departed. Aston Villa need new signings to help them fight back after relegation from the Premier League and Cardiff City will be hoping to force their way into play-off contention.