AC Milan striker Carlos Bacca has been quoted by Tutto Mercato Web as saying that he will focus on Copa America after a failed move from West Ham United.
The 29-year-old has established himself as one of the most dangerous strikers in Europe since leaving South America for Club Brugge back in January 2012, hitting 31 goals in 54 games for the Belgian outfit to earn a move to Sevilla.
Another 49 goals in 108 games for Sevilla handed Bacca two Europa League titles and a huge transfer to AC Milan, where he scored 20 goals last season to make it 100 goals in the last four-and-a-half years.
Those exploits since his move to Europe have made Bacca a hot property, and West Ham United have been heavily linked with a move for the Colombian international over the past week.
Bacca's agent, as quoted by Sky Sports, said earlier this week that West Ham had failed in a £15m bid for Bacca, with Sky Italia's Gianluca Di Marzio suggesting that Milan want £19m for their star striker.
Whilst West Ham certainly need a regular goalscorer ahead of the new Premier League season, it remains to be seen whether they return with another bid for Bacca - and the striker was then in action for Colombia against the United States on Friday evening as Copa America kicked off.
Bacca hit the crossbar for Colombia when played in on goal, but it didn't matter as his side won 2-0 - and after the final whistle, Bacca tackled his future.
As quoted by Tutto Mercato Web, Bacca said: "My future? I have a four-year contract with AC Milan but now I'm focused on the Copa America."
West Ham may therefore have to wait for Bacca, and with manager Slaven Bilic keen to get a striker in this summer, he may not be willing to hang on for a decision over Bacca's future.
Would you like to see Bacca sign for West Ham?