From sailing halfway around the world, to his work at Sunderland - with some royal connections and semi-professional football thrown in.
Leeds United appointed Garry Monk as the club’s new head coach this afternoon, with the former Swansea City manager presented to the press along with club legend Eddie Gray and an unknown face.
That man turned out to be Niccolo Barattieri di San Pietro who, according to the Yorkshire Evening Post, is a new club director at Leeds United.
So what can we tell you about the man?
Here are five facts…
1) Barattieri is not a typical Italian coming into the English game. He actually went to boarding school in the UK – moving here when he was 15, before heading to Paris to attend university.
2) Barattieri is also a keen footballer. When he lived in France he played semi-professionally in the French fourth division, as he told News Week.
3) His life story is something. He told Brummell Magazine a year ago (to the day) that he sailed halfway around the world way around the world, eventually staying in Hawaii and studying for his MBA in finance – whilst living on his boat.
4) In terms of business Barattieri worked as a hedge fund trader in London for ten years and is currently CEO for luxury residential designers Northacre.
5) In terms of football business experience he worked as an advisor to the chairman at Sunderland from March 2013 to May 2014 – working with managers Paolo Di Canio and Gus Poyet.
6) Interested in your gossip? Well here’s a juicy one. Barattieri is (or at least was), according to Hello! Magazine, dating Princess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer.