The young defender looks a top prospect for the fiuture.
Chelsea take on Leicester City today in their final game of what has been a tumultuous season, and the final game of Guus Hiddink’s reign.
With that in mind the Dutchman has decided to give one of their young players a chance against the Premier League champions.
Chelsea have named Fikayo Tomori on the bench for the game.
So what can we tell you about the youngster?
Here are five facts:
1) Tomori was born in Calgary and is a Canadian under-20 international. However, he has lived in England most his life and joined the club when he was eight-years-old.
2) The 18-year-old has had a tremendous season. Two days ago he was voted the Academy Player of the Year.
3) He made the news earlier in the season. In February he broke Diego Costa’s nose in training and put the Spanish striker in a protective mask.
4) He has recently been linked with a move to Arsenal.
5) He was on the bench for the recent draw with Liverpool.
Tomori will now be hoping to get into the first-team action this afternoon.