The Turkish international looks set to make a move to Spurs on a free transfer this
Plenty of Turkish sources are reporting the news, including Karar, that Spurs have already agreed a pre-contract agreement with the midfielder ahead of a summer move.
The versatile midfielder is out of contract in the summer and would be arriving in London on a free transfer.
Topal, who has played for Fenerbahce since 2012, is keen on living in London and Spurs are set to give him that opportunity.
So what do we know about the player?
Here are five facts on Topal…
1) Topal is a versatile player. He can play in holding midfield and at central defence so would offer Tottenham options.
2) He started his career with little-known teams Malatyaspor and Dardanelspor in the Turkish lower leagues before making a move to Galatasaray in 2006.
3) Topal made his debut for the Turkish national team in 2008 and has since gone on to play 56 times for his nation.
4) He has spent time abroad. He played for Valencia for two seasons – even scoring an absolute thunderbolt against Stoke City in the Europa League.
5) His nickname in Turkey is Orumcek, meaning Spider, because of his ability to make tackles with his long legs.