West Ham United today confirmed on their official website that teenager Oscar Borg has joined Aston Villa on a two-and-a-half year contract.
Borg may not be a household name, and Villa fans will want to know more about their young new signing. Here are five facts about Borg, who will be hoping to make a name for himself at Villa Park.
1. Borg, 17, started out with the AFC Wimbledon Under-13 side, but his performances caught the eye of West Ham, who snapped him up and took him to Upton Park.
2. Primarily a left winger but also capable of playing at left back too, Borg's pace earned a huge comparison to Real Madrid ace Gareth Bale during his days with West Ham.
3. Having impressed in the youth setup with West Ham, Borg caught the eye of Premier League rivals Manchester United, and went on trial with the Red Devils back in the summer of 2014, as reported by the Daily Mail, but didn't secure a permanent move to Old Trafford.
4. Borg is eligible to represent both England and Turkey, as whilst he was born in Surrey, his grandmother was born in Istanbul, meaning there could be a tug-of-war for his services if he impresses at Villa.
5. Having stalled at West Ham, Borg has now penned a two-and-a-half year with Villa - and as reported by the Daily Mail last year, Villa have been chasing Borg for some time, and have now finally landed their man today.
Are you excited about Borg's arrival at Villa?