Former Everton striker Tony Cottee has told Sky Sports News, broadcast on March 10 at 11.15am, that the arrival of Farhad Moshiri should enable the club to strengthen their goalkeeping and attacking departments.
Last month, the Toffees announced that Moshiri had acquired 49.9% of shares at Goodison Park, which should lead to the Iranian providing significant funds for the club to use in the transfer market during the summer.
Cottee thinks that should put manager Roberto Martinez in a position where he can add competition in the final third, with Romelu Lukaku rarely being rotated as the club's front-line striker all season.
There has also been uncertainty regarding the number-one position at Everton, with Tim Howard beginning the season between the sticks before being replaced by Joel Robles, who has been selected since the end of January.
Cottee said: "It is brilliant that Moshiri has invested into the club. I would be surprised if he didn't take more shares on because I wouldn't have thought that 49.9% gives him a controlling say in what goes on. I'm sure that now it has been ratified, he will buy more shares. Bill Kenwright has done a good job and has hopefully got the right man into the club.
"They need to strengthen. They need someone to take the pressure of Lukaku, who has been fantastic this year, but you can't have just one striker.
"The goalkeeping situation has been a problem. Robles has come in and taken over from Tim Howard so that is maybe something to look at. Is he a long-term replacement for Tim?
"They also need to get in some squad players. There's not a lot wrong at Everton, they just need to start concentrating and stop throwing points away."
Everton face an FA Cup quarter-final with Chelsea this weekend, but it is their league form that has led to suggestions that they must freshen up their squad later in the year.
They have taken just 12 points from their last nine Premier League fixtures, and their latest defeat came by throwing away a 2-0 advantage against West Ham United.