The Newcastle manager says he has not paid any attention to speculation about his future and insists he is fully focused on the task at hand.
Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren has responded to questions about his future in steadfast fashion, saying that he does not pay attention to speculation and insisting that he and his players are still full committed to the cause, as quoted by the Chronicle.
The club's poor form, which resulted in them losing a seventh away match in a row at Stoke on Wednesday night, has prompted increased questions over his future, with one report claiming that the former England boss has just one game to save his job.
However, McClaren was defiant at his press conference on Friday, and insisted that he is unconcerned with the questions over his future.
He told reporters, as quoted by the Chronicle: "I’ve heard there have been one or two articles, probably one main article [about my future]. As I say, I don’t read it.
"It doesn’t help me win football matches and my concentration and focus is purely on Bournemouth and winning that game.”
When asked by reporters whether he had been hurt by the reaction to the late defeat at the Britannia Stadium he replied: "Yeah, absolutely. A lot of people questioned the players as well, did they know the situation? I think you saw, yes they do.
“I know that by what they are doing on the training field and what is in the dressing room. We know the predicament we are in and only we can get out of it."
Newcastle can lift themselves out of the Premier League's bottom three with victory over the Cherries at St. James' Park on Saturday.
One positive for McClaren and his side is that they are returning to play in front of their own fans, having lost just one of their last six at home in the league.