The Frenchman has warned Lescott that he cannot slip up again on social media after accepting the defender's explanation for his controversial sports car tweet.
Lescott received a torrent of online abuse from Villa fans earlier this month after posting a picture of a £120,000 Mercedes on his official Twitter account straight after the club’s embarrassing 6-0 home defeat to Liverpool.
The 33-year-old centre-back later insisted that the tweet was sent accidently from his pocket as he was driving home from the match, but he then made further headlines after becoming involved in a spat with one supporter who threatened to “carve a new scar” on his forehead.
Garde has accepted the former England international’s explanation after a frank discussion with him but reiterated that senior professionals have to set a better example for the club.
Speaking at Thursday’s pre-match press conference ahead of facing Stoke City on Saturday afternoon at the Britannia Stadium, the Villa boss said: “I understand nowadays that social media makes relationships between the players and fans.
“Many years ago it was a more direct relationship – maybe this kind of thing could have happened just outside the training ground and only two people would be involved. Nowadays, millions of people are involved in a discussion with two people.
“Saying that, I was not happy about what happened. You can guess that. I had a discussion with Joleon, and for me, this stuff is behind us. I had an explanation and gave my position to Joelon, but now it’s behind us.
“I think that senior players like Joleon and others in the team should be better examples, but he told everybody and me as well that it was an accident, and I believe him.”
Lescott joined Villa from Midlands rivals West Bromwich Albion at the start of the season for an initial £1 million rising to £2 million with add-ons and has since made 19 total appearances for the club, scoring two goals in the process.