Inter Milan president Erick Thohir has told Sky Italia that there is no truth in reports linking Jose Mourinho with a possible return to the Italian giants.
Mourinho is scheduled to attend the match at the San Siro between Inter and Sampdoria this weekend, leading to speculation that the Portuguese could manage the Nerazzurri for a second time.
Between 2008 and 2010, Mourinho guided Inter to back-to-back Serie A titles and the Champions League trophy, but Thohir has attempted to quash any suggestions of the former Chelsea chief having a second stint in Milan.
Roberto Mancini is currently in charge of the team, and although they only sit in fifth position in the standings, Thohir has given his backing to the 51-year-old.
Thohir said: "I met Mourinho in Jakarta a few years ago before I was Inter President.
"He's a great coach, he made history with Inter, but we have Mancini now who also wrote history with this club, achieving excellent results. I firmly believe he can revive the team.
"Look what's already changed compared to Inter last year, though of course we need more time."
Thohir's comments are sure to attract the attention of supporters of Manchester United, who have called for boss Louis van Gaal to be sacked after the Red Devils lost to FC Midtjylland in the Europa League on Thursday night.
Mourinho has been linked with the position at Old Trafford ever since he left Chelsea in December.