Aston Villa defender Jores Okore has taken to social networking site Twitter to make it clear that he does not want to leave in the summer transfer window.
The 23-year-old centre-back has been on the books of Villa since 2013 and has a contract until June 2017.
The Denmark international recently told Ekstra Bladet: “Of course, you think about what will happen if you move down. I feel ready to move to a bigger club and show my worth.
“I would prefer to stay in the Premier League but I weigh the Champions League higher, and if a club offers me an opportunity then I will listen. The club appear in no rush to extend my deal, so I’m an in no hurry either.”
Okore has made it clear on Twitter that he is not planning to leave Villa in the summer.
"I have never said that I wanted to leave the club if we are relegated,” wrote the defender. "I have always given 100 per cent since the day I came to this great club. I was talking about my ambitions and where I want to get as a professional football player.
"And because we are in a relegation battle it's easy to assume that I said that I want to leave. And I was only expressing my feelings and how I felt treated by the club and that they haven't even showed interest in having an extension talk with me.”
there is level of players and so is there with journalist— Jores Okore (@JoresOkore) February 13, 2016
In nine Premier League appearances for Villa so far this season, Okore has a pass accuracy of 84%, and has won 18 headers, three dribbles and 11 tackles.
Villa are at the foot of the league table at the moment with 16 points from 25 matches.
Remi Garde’s side will return to action on Sunday afternoon when they take on Liverpool at Villa Park in the Premier League.
The Villans will head into the game on the back of a 2-0 victory over fellow relegation candidates Norwich City at Villa Park.