Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse has told The Chronicle that he will keep working hard to get back into the team.
The 30-year-old has struggled for playing time for Premier League outfit Newcastle so far this season.
Although the Senegal international has made eight appearances in the Premier League this campaign, he has not started a game since September.
Cisse has scored one goal, created three chances, has a pass accuracy of 75% and a shot accuracy of 43%, and has won four headers and four tackles.
Summer signing Aleksandar Mitrovic and Spanish forward Ayoze Perez are ahead of Cisse in the pecking order at the moment.
The former SC Freiburg striker, though, remains optimistic about his chances and has told The Chronicle: “As I say, I know myself and what I can bring. If I play I will get chances to score and win games for Newcastle.
"I haven’t had that chance of late so I need to keep going. When I go into work, I work hard. I know I must keep being busy and working.”
Newcastle are 17th in the Premier League table at the moment with 10 points from 12 matches, just two points above the relegation zone.
Steve McClaren’s side, who are in real danger of getting relegated to the Championship at the end of the season, will return to league action on Saturday afternoon when they take on Leicester City at St. James’ Park.