Fawaz Al Hasawi gives his opinion on Nottingham Forest's summer strengthening

Nottingham Forest 2

Nottingham Forest made a number of changes to their squad over the summer.

Nottingham Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi has told the club's official website that he has been impressed by the new additions so far this season.

Dougie Freedman made a number of changes to his Forest squad over the summer, despite being restricted in who he could bring in due to the club working under an embargo. 

Al Hasawi says that although it is too early to say categorically that the recruitment process was a success, he has been pleased with what he has seen so far. 

"We were looking for quality, not quantity," he said. "We waited until the last minute of registration. I hope we signed the right players for the team – it’s too early to say, but when I saw them against Queens Park Rangers and Birmingham I was really happy.

“When you are under an embargo to get quality players like this is difficult. I would like to thank the manager, the scouts and everybody involved. They worked very hard with agents and clubs to get the players.”

The additions of the likes of Ryan Mendes, Nelson Oliveira and Chris O'Grady late on, inside and out of the transfer window, seem to have given Forest a new dimension going forward.

The Reds started the season slowly, and they were relying on Michail Antonio to bail them out of matches which his goalscoring ability.

However, since Antonio was offloaded to West Ham United and the new players have arrived, Freedman's team have improved dramatically.

The Reds have picked up impressive away victories against Queens Park Rangers and Birmingham City in their last two fixtures, and have a match against Middlesbrough on Saturday where they could make it a hat-trick of victories.

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch