Cabrera joined Oppenheimer in 2013 as Head of Healthcare Services and will now be responsible for overseeing all of the firm’s healthcare investment banking activities. He reports to Bruce McCarthy and Marc Thompson, Co-Heads of Investment Banking at Oppenheimer.
“Marc Cabrera is a proven leader and has made substantial contributions to our healthcare investment banking effort, which is a vital coverage sector for Oppenheimer,” said McCarthy.
Cabrera has more than 20 years of healthcare investment banking experience, including roles as Head of Healthcare Investment Banking at Morgan Joseph TriArtisan and as a senior healthcare banker at Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. He began his career at Smith Barney & Co. Inc.
“With Marc’s leadership and our team’s extensive industry knowledge and experience, we expect continuing growth as we leverage Oppenheimer’s full range of capabilities to provide best-in-class service to our clients,” added Thompson.
Oppenheimer’s healthcare team has nearly doubled its deal activity in 2015 year-to-date, completing 34 capital markets transactions, including nine deals as a bookrunner or placement agent, and eight M&A transactions. The aggregate transaction value of Oppenheimer’s healthcare deal activity exceeded $3bn.
“Healthcare is one of our largest coverage sectors at Oppenheimer and the increase in our deal activity is a testament to the team’s sector expertise and our full service platform, which clients clearly value,” said Cabrera. “Our team is well positioned to continue momentum in all the major sectors including life sciences, HCIT, devices and services.”
In the last two years, Oppenheimer has expanded its healthcare investment banking coverage across all major sectors.
The team now includes:
Healthcare Services: -Marc Cabrera, Managing Director
- Michael Manocchio, Executive Director HCIT:
-John Cramer, Managing Director
- Doug Stowe, Executive Director Lifesciences:
- Alex Lim, Managing Director
- Neha Motwani, Managing Director
-Bernard Yuen, Executive Director
- Meredith Sondler-Bazar, Director Medical Technology and Diagnostics:
- Marc Cabrera, Managing Director
- Sundeep Agarwal, Director
Oppenheimer also deepened its capital markets capabilities by hiring Brian Stollar, a sectorspecific, institutional sales specialist, as well as by expanding the healthcare research platform. Stollar has more than 15 years of Wall Street experience as a top institutional salesperson focused primarily on the healthcare sector and was previously a member of the senior team at LifeSci Advisors, an investor relations consultancy.
“Investors have always valued Oppenheimer’s capital markets expertise and our healthcare research for its depth and breadth of industry coverage and scientific knowledge,” said John Hellier, Senior Managing Director and Head of Equities. “We remain committed to this sector with eight senior analysts and more than 125 companies under coverage.”
Oppenheimer’s healthcare research team includes: Healthcare Services:
- Michael Wiederhorn, Senior Analyst HCIT:
- Mohan Naidu, CFA, Senior Analyst Life Sciences:
- Akiva Felt, Senior Analyst, Bio & Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Wendy Lam, Ph.D., Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Christopher Marai, Ph.D., Senior Analyst, Biotechnology
- Rohit Vanjani, Senior Analyst, Pharmaceuticals
- Ling Wang, CFA, Senior Analyst, Biotechnology Medical Technology:
- Stephen Lichtman, Senior Analyst