West Bromwich Albion have released yet another statement on their official website concerning the future of striker Saido Berahino.
The 22-year-old is the subject of intense transfer speculation, and West Brom confirmed on their official website earlier this week that they had rejected a second bid from Tottenham for his services.
Spurs are desperate for attacking reinforcements, and had identified Berahino as the man to offer some support to his former England Under-21 strike partner Harry Kane.
Yet with just days to go until the transfer deadline, West Brom claim that Berahino is staying - and chairman Jeremy Peace says that the major problem with Tottenham's bids is that they have been based upon future incentives and staggered payments, which the Baggies aren't willing to accept.
"I have informed Saido that he will not be transferred during this summer window and that he is staying at the club," said Peace. "As I have made clear from the moment Tottenham lodged their first bid for Saido on August 18, selling our top goalscorer was never on our agenda this summer.
"Had we ever entertained the notion of selling him we have not received an offer anywhere near attractive enough from Tottenham Hotspur. Not only have the offers been too low as a valuation of the player, but they have been based on stage-payments and add-ons over a long period which do nothing to reflect Saido’s ability and potential," he added.
It now looks that Tottenham's hopes of signing Berahino before the transfer window slams shut are fading fast, with West Brom playing hardball over the Burundi-born hitman.
With 20 goals last season, Berahino emerged as one of the top young talents in the Premier League, so it's no surprise that Tony Pulis' men are so desperate to keep him at The Hawthorns.
Still, it would be little surprise to see Tottenham lodge one final bid to sign Berahino, with new attacking options paramount for manager Mauricio Pochettino - though they may have to re-think their bidding tactics if they do lodge another offer.