Here's the 9 things I learned from a career in investment banking.
1. The boss is always right - even when he's wrong.
2. There's no such thing as 'performance-related pay' - otherwise most of my colleagues would have got nothing every year.
3. Watch your back - as no-one else will.
4. Compliance is optional - except when it's not.
5. Major revenue earners play by different rules than the rest of us.
6. Nice guys get screwed at bonus time.
7. There's good reason IT guys work in a cost center.
8. Good looking PAs should always be admired - from a distance.
9. Line managers are always promoted at least one rung above their level of competence.