Manchester United host Newcastle United at Old Trafford for Saturday's early Premier League kick-off, as the two clubs look to kick-off game-week three.
A much-improved 3-1 win over Club Brugge in midweek has boosted the confidence of the Manchester United players and fans, and the 20-time champions are now looking to record a fourth win on the bounce in all competitions.
Meanwhile, Newcastle United, under newly appointed manager Steve McClaren, are still searching for their first win of the season, following a 2-2 draw with Southampton at St James' Park and a 2-0 defeat at Swansea City.
Here are the best Opta stats ahead of the weekend's match-up:
- Manchester United have won five of their last six Premier League clashes with Newcastle (L1) and have lost just two of their last 25 top-tier encounters with the Magpies (W18 D5).
- Newcastle have only ever enjoyed one Premier League victory at Old Trafford in their 21 visits, with that 1-0 win coming in December 2013 (D7 L13).
- The Red Devils have won 15 of their last 19 Premier League games at Old Trafford
- The Magpies have managed just two goals in total in their last four league encounters with the Red Devils.
- Wayne Rooney has scored 12 goals and assisted seven more in 20 Premier League appearances against Newcastle.
- Rooney has netted only four goals, provided one assist and attempted just 14 shots on target in 20 Premier League games in 2015 so far. In 2014, he scored 16 goals and assisted five more in 28 top flight apps.
- Newcastle have lost more Premier League games against Manchester United than any other side (25).
- Morgan Schneiderlin has run further than any other Man Utd player in both of their Premier League games so far in 2015-16 (7.7 miles v Spurs, 8.1 miles v Aston Villa).
- Newcastle have lost seven consecutive Premier League away games, equalling their record from October 1999.
- The Magpies haven't lost eight successive league games away from home since a run of nine away losses in October 1977.