Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham blew a two-goal lead to draw with Mark Hughes' men at White Hart Lane after a late collapse cost them a first victory of the season.
Defender-turned-midfielder Eric Dier gave Tottenham the lead with a header from a corner and Spurs added a second before half-time when Nacer Chadli volleyed in at the back post.
However, Marko Arnautovic was on hand to pull a goal back for the Potters from the penalty spot after Toby Alderweireld brought down Joselu.
Before Mame Diouf completed a dramatic comeback with a late headed equaliser less the ten minutes before full-time.
Here are the best Opta Stats from Saturday's match-up:
- Eric Dier's three Premier League goals have now all come in August.
- Nacer Chadli has scored in each of his last 2 league home games vs Stoke.
- Tottenham have conceded more penalties than any other Premier League side since the start of last season (8).
- Marko Arnautovic’s two Premier League goals since the start of last season have both come in London (Upton Park and White Hart Lane).
- Spurs had won their last 74 Premier League home games when they had gone 2+ goals ahead before today; a run that goes back to a 4-4 draw with Leicester in February 2004.
- It was the 14th time in Premier League history that Spurs (home or away) had failed to win after going at least two goals in front.
- The Potters came from 2 goals down to claim a point for the first time since December 2012 against Southampton and for the first time away since March 2009 at Aston Villa.
- Stoke equalled their record for most shots on target in a PL away game (7, also v Wigan in September 2012).