Southampton and Everton both opened their respective Premier League campaigns with 2-2 draws last weekend and the duo will now go head-to-head in Saturday's early kick-off at St Mary's.
The hosts endured a difficult test against Steve McClaren's resurgent Newcastle United last time out, while Roberto Martinez's Toffees will have been disappointed with their maiden performance after they walked away with just a point versus top flight new-boys Watford.
Everton fell to a 3-0 defeat here in December, and having failed to win at St. Mary's in the last six attempts, they will be out for revenge. Meanwhile, the Saints will be looking to make the south coast a fortress as they prepare to challenge on all fronts.
Ahead of Saturday's match-up, here are a few of the best Opta stats...
- Southampton are unbeaten in six home Premier League games against the Toffees (W3 D3).
- Everton have failed to score in each of their last three visits to St Mary's.
- Three of the last six goals in this fixture have been own goals (Antolin Alcaraz, Seamus Coleman, Romelu Lukaku).
- 11 of Graziano Pelle's 13 Premier League goals have come at home; the Italian striker has now scored five goals in his last eight Premier League appearances, after going the previous 14 games without a goal.
- Jay Rodriguez has scored three goals in his last two top flight games at St Mary's and will be looking to make his first domestic appearance there since March 2014.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored just four goals in his last 23 Premier League appearances, but three of these have come away from home.
- The Toffees have won just two of their eight Premier League games since the start of last season without Leighton Baines (W2 D2 L4).
- Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 17 Premier League away games.
- The Saints have won just one of their last seven Premier League games (W1 D2 L4), conceding in every one of these matches.