Following a perfect start to the Premier League weekend for both Aston Villa and Manchester United, the two sides now prepare to meet at Villa Park on Friday.
Tim Sherwood's side recorded a 1-0 victory away to Bournemouth last Saturday, while Louis van Gaal's Red Devils kicked-off the new campaign victory over Tottenham by the same scoreline.
While the two clubs harbour very different ambitions heading into the new seasons, Friday evening's fixture is one neither manager will be prepared to lose.
Ahead of the Friday's match-up, here are a few of the best Opta stats...
- Aston Villa have not beaten Manchester United at home in the Premier League since August 1995 (D7 L12).
- The Red Devils have won more games against Aston Villa (32) than any side has against a single opponent in Premier League history.
- Aston Villa have won just one of the last 39 Premier League games against Manchester United (L28 D10 W1).
- United have scored 21 goals in their last seven Premier League games against Villa, averaging three per game.
- Wayne Rooney has scored more Premier League goals against Aston Villa than any other side (13).
- Since the start of 2013/14, Rudy Gestede has scored 20 headed league goals; more than anyone else in the top four tiers of English football.
- Louis van Gaal has used 38 different players for Man Utd in the Premier League since the start of last season; more than any other club in this period.
- Excluding Easter and Christmas/New Year fixtures, this is the first Friday night Premier League game since Arsenal 5-0 Leeds United back on April 16th 2004.
- Aston Villa have not won their opening two games of a Premier League season since 1999-00.
- Manchester United have kept a clean sheet in all three Premier League games that David de Gea has missed since the start of 2013-14.