Fawaz Al Hasawi says the midfielder is not for sale.
It was claimed by talkSPORT that Burnley had agreed a fee with Forest, believed to be in the region of £2.5 million, to bring the talented midfielder to Turf Moor.
It is a rumour that has been longstanding. Sean Dyche is known to be a fan of Lansbury and Forest are currently under a transfer embargo.
But the club’s chairman has moved to swiftly refute the claims.
Fawaz Al Hasawi took to Twitter to rubbish the claims, and those which have previously claimed that Forest will be selling Michail Antonio.
2 weeks ago they've said I sold Antonio and today they said I sold Henry Lansbury. Who's next?— @FAWAZ_ALHASAWI (@fawaz_alhasawi1) July 24, 2015
Antonio, who was joint top-scorer at Forest last season, has been linked with the likes of West Brim this summer.
He and Lansbury represent the two main assets Forest have and letting either of them go would not go down well with the Forest faithful.
So Al Hasawi’s decision to make his stance clear on Twitter is a good one. He is sending off something of a hands off warning regarding the pair, who he clearly wants to keep.
It is a dangerous game to play as well. If he does now go on to sell either player fans will be left wondering about the direction of the club under their chairman.
Forest fans will hope the duo are here to stay.