Patrick Bamford was linked with the likes of Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, West Brom, Sheffield Wednesday, Newcastle and Everton.
The prolonged transfer saga surrounding Patrick Bamford was ended yesterday, as the striker opted to move to Crystal Palace, and he has told the official club website the reason behind his move to Selhurst Park.
The young forward said: “I was quite keen to stay close to London this time and Palace were actually my first choice, but I didn't realise they were keen to start with. Then, when I met with the manager, he put forward his plans and it was an easy decision.”
Despite a number of clubs showing an interest in taking Bamford on loan for the 2015/16 season, Palace were the only team able to offer him football in London.
The Eagles’ were not one of the clubs said to be tracking him when it became clear that Bamford would be heading out on loan, despite a number of other Premier League clubs looking to sign the young striker.
The Birmingham Mail also suggested that West Brom had been looking for him, whilst the Star indicated that Sheffield Wednesday were planning an audacious swoop to take him back to the Championship - having seen Bamford win the Championship Player of the Year award last term whilst with Middlesbrough.
The forward impressed in the second tier, and it is good that Chelsea want to see him test himself in the Premier League this coming campaign.
His development will benefit because of the increased challenge, but the Blues have tied down Bamford’s future as well, securing him to a new three year contract at Stamford Bridge.
Bamford has shown all the talent to potentially become a real star for Chelsea and England, and Palace are the lucky team to benefit from his talents this coming campaign.