Newcastle United round-up: Chancel Mbemba discusses transfer, Feyenoord winger linked

RSC Anderlecht Fans Flags

A round-up of the latest news from St James's Park, as the club add another Anderlecht star to their ranks.

Newcastle United looked to have concluded another transfer chase on Wednesday, as Anderlecht's 20-year-old defender Chancel Mbemba confirmed to the media that he will move to the club this summer as soon as a medical and visa application go through, according to quotes in the Shields Gazette.

“The transfer is not finalised yet,” Mbemba is quoted as saying by the Gazette.

“There are still some details to work out but it will go (through) and I’m proud of myself."

The fullback is a Congolese international, and joins for a fee of £7.5 million say the Gazette, although there is still no official confirmation from the club.

The defender's Anderlecht teammate Alexandar Mitrovic, who has completed his transfer to the Magpies earlier this week, has told the Chronicle that the club tried to sign him last summer.

Admitting that he had studied the games of both Alan Shearer and Didier Drogba, the 20-year-old Serbian enjoyed a prolific final season at Anderlecht, but his statement that he could have already been at St James's Park will be little consolation to the fans that saw their side struggle last season.

Steve McClaren is also set to return to a league he has already raided this summer to snap up promising winger Jean-Paul Boetius from Feyenoord, according to Mail. The 21-year-old will be familiar with another Dutchman to have arrived at St James's Park this month, Georginio Wijnaldum, and is said to be available for  around £2 million as he is heading into the final year of his contract.

Register for NEWCASTLE UNITED team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch