As per an article published in the Spanish paper AS, the popular video game Football Manager has released its top 20 best-rated youngsters for the upcoming campaign.
Among those listed are a number of renowned names, including Real Madrid’s Martin Odegaard at number two and Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling coming in third place.
Coming in at number eight is Inter Milan’s Mateo Kovacic, a 21-year-old Croatian international midfielder who has stood out over the past 12 months as one of Serie A’s finest young players.
As per a previous report from Sky Sports, it was mooted that an agreement over a fee had already been reached between Liverpool and Inter, but so far a deal has yet to materialise.
The Lazio attacker, 20, is rated as 15th on the list of best youngsters, and it’s easy to understand why. Comfortable in a number of roles in the attacking third, the Senegalese star has a big future.
In a recent interview with Radio Sei, his agent Ulisse Savani spoke of Liverpool’s previous interest and a recent report in La Repubblica suggested he could be used in a potential Fabio Borini switch to Lazio.
The Bayern Munich star, dubbed a ‘wonderkid’ by many, comes in at 12th on Football Manager’s top 20 best-rated youngsters list, despite having relatively little experience.
In an analysis article produced by HITC with the help of Opta Stats, Hojberg comes out favourably in a head-to-head with Mousa Dembele and would be a fine addition to the club’s attacking ranks.
The Monaco striking sensation is the last entry on the list, and he’s a name Spurs fans may recognise following a number of reports speculating on a move to White Hart Lane this summer.
France Football published an article stating that a fee had been agreed for the French U21 international striker, though talks have seemingly quietened down since then with no new signs of potential switch.
Here is the list of Football Manager's top 20 best-rated youngsters:
1) Youri Tielemans (18, Anderlecht)
2) Martin Ødegaard (16, Real Madrid)
3) Raheem Sterling (20, Liverpool)
4) Leon Goretzka (20, Schalke 04)
5) Adnan Januzaj (20, Manchester United)
6) Julian Brandt (19, Bayer Leverkusen)
7) Memphis Depay (21, Manchester United)
8) Mateo Kovacic (21, Inter)
9) Marquinhos (21, PSG)
10) Max Meyer (19, Schalke)
11) Domenico Berardi (20, Sassuolo)
12) Pierre-Emilie Højberg (19, Bayern Munich)
13) Luke Shaw (19, Manchester United)
14) Bernardo Silva (20, Monaco)
15) Aleksandar Mitrovic (20, Anderlecht).
16) Keita Balde (20, Lazio)
17) Jose Maria Gimenez (20, Atletico Madrid)
18) Gabriel Barbosa (18, Santos)
19) Munhir El-Haddadi (19, Barcelona)
20) Anthony Martial (19, Monaco)