Liverpool media round-up: Owner's message on Sterling bid, Southampton demands for Clyne

Raheem Sterling

A selection of the latest stories in the media involving Liverpool Football Club this Friday morning.

Liverpool are prepared to call Manchester City's bluff when it comes to the sale of Raheem Sterlingaccording to the Daily Mirror. 

The Reds have reportedly rejected a £40 million bid for the 20-year-old and value him closer to £50 million. 

They say the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, are sick of the circus surrounding the winger's future, who has turned down a new contract offer at Anfield, and have told City to pay what Liverpool want or walk away. 

The Daily Telegraph carries an update on the future of Southampton right-back Nathaniel Clyne - who has been the subject of a bid from Liverpool which was rejected earlier on in the summer.

The report says the Saints want a £15 million offer tabled for the 24-year-old, and a clear indication from Clyne himself that he wants to depart St Mary's before agreeing any deal with Liverpool.

It seems Southampton already have their replacement for Clyne - who has just one year left on his contract - after signing Cedric Soares for £3.5 million.

Elsewhere, the Daily Mail is reporting that Iago Aspas has completed a move to former club Celta Vigo after a disappointing spell at Anfield.

He only managed to score the one goal in 14 appearances in the 2013/14 season, with most of his appearances coming as cameos from the substitute's bench. Last season he spent the campaign on loan at Sevilla - and played a part in their Europa League success. 

Register for LIVERPOOL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch