A selection of the latest stories in the media involving Liverpool Football Club this Tuesday morning.
Liverpool yesterday announced they had agreed terms with striker Danny Ings who is due to move to Anfield on July 1, but now there is the issue of compensation the Reds need to pay Burnley, given he is under 24.
The Lancashire Telegraph has suggested Burnley will push for a record compensation fee. Liverpool were reportedly hoping to pay around £4 million in compensation for the 22-year-old, but Burnley are apparently pushing for more than the £6.5 million that Chelsea paid Manchester City for Daniel Sturridge in 2010.
The Independent offers a slightly different figure of £6 million, with Liverpool 'hopeful' the fee could be between £5-6 million, while the Daily Mail reports that Burnley believe they can be awarded around £8 million.
The Reds reportedly accepted bids from Sunderland last summer - said to be around £14 million, but Borini's agent Marco de Marchi claims a £10 million bid was also rejected.
He said: "Several teams have asked for Fabio on loan but the Liverpool board have always refused, especially in light of the £10 million bid that was rejected last year from Sunderland."
It seems highly unlikely that Liverpool will get another offer like that following a season where the Italian's opportunities have been limited, and he's only found the net on one occasion.