Gerrard is truly one of the greats of English football, and his career is set to come to a close this weekend.
He may not be retiring, with a transfer to LA Galaxy planned this summer, but for all intents and purpose, Gerrard is coming to the end of a glorious career.
He may not have the trophy haul of some of his Premier League contemporaries - with that league title still elusive - but he spurned a move away from Anfield to stay with the club he loves.
His is a career that has had many highs, but also many lows, and many, many incredible goals.
An all-round midfielder, Gerrard was able to single-handedly win games on his own, and earned international recognition for his performances.
However, it was on the club level that he really shone, and we take a look at the top five moments in what is sure to be remembered as a glorious career.
1) First goal vs Sheffield Wednesday - December, 1999
2) That goal vs Olympiakos - December, 2004
3) That goal vs West Ham - May, 2006
4) The Merseyside derby hat-trick - March, 2012
5) Kissing the camera vs Manchester United - March, 2009