What Villa fans should know about the Cordoba striker who is said to be on Tim Sherwood's radar.
The Romanian front man, 22, has broken onto the La Liga scene in impressive fashion in recent months and, ahead of a potential pursuit, here's what claret and blue fans should know about him.
1) Born in Joldesto, Romania, Andone moved to Spain in 2005, aged 12, after his father died in car accident and later joined the ranks of local club Vinaros CF.
2) After joining CD Castellon in 2008, he earned his professional debut for then-third tier side in January 2011, making three further appearances over the following months before leaving for Villarreal in the summer.
The striker never appeared for the La Liga club’s senior side, however, spending the next two seasons with their C team and last term on loan at third-tier outfit CD Atlético Baleares, where his record of 12 goals in 34 games earned him a switch to Cordoba.
3) After beginning this season with the club’s reserves, Andone was promoted to the first-team in November and, since making his La Liga bow the following month, has scored six times in 16 total appearances.
4) His emergence has not gone unnoticed across Europe either, having earned a first international call-up for Romania’s Euro 2016 qualifier against the Faroe Islands last month, and now seen Villa linked with a £6 million swoop for his signature.
5) The 6ft forward, whose current contract runs until 2017, has stood out for his combination of speed and strength in recent months and, with Cordoba five points adrift at the bottom of the table, looks like a prime candidate for a summer move.
Talks with Villa are said to be planned for next week so watch this space.