Leeds United saw six members of their first-team squad withdraw from their match against Charlton with injury
Marco Silvestri's Dad, Claudio, has taken to Facebook to defend his son, as reported The Mirror, after the goalkeeper came under criticism earlier this week.
Silvestri missed Leeds United's game against Charlton with injury, but the circumstances which he pulled out of the match in are shrouded with doubt.
The goalkeeper and five other Leeds players were announced as unavailable for the Leeds match on the Friday evening before the game, despite training throughout the week, and suspicions have been growing around Elland Road.
The timing of the injury crisis did seem very odd, but Claudio Silvestri insists that his son's problem with genuine.
He says that Marco may not even be able to train this week, but he was not so staunch in his defence of the other members of the Leeds team which withdrew from the squad.
Claudio says that Edgar Cani, Giuseppe Bellusci, Dario Del Fabro and Souleymane Doukara were all part of a protest, with Mirco Antenucci the only other member of Leeds' squad who was genuinely injured.
He added: "He (Marco) is furious with those people because he took the whole season to make his name through the fans and now he is risking to spoil the relationship with them and with the environment."
Leeds supporters have reacted furiously with the injured six, but Silvestri and Antenucci are the two members of the six who did defend themselves on Twitter.
The pair have both been first-team regulars this season and they had the most to lose from any alleged protest.
Leeds released an official statement last night defending the injured six, but Silvestri's Dad's comments will ensure that the discussions surrounding their actions does not die down for some time yet.