Arsenal moved to within one point of second place in the Premier League with a 3-0 win over West Ham.
Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and Mathieu Flamini scored the goals as the Gunners secured a comfortable fifth straight Premier League victory.
Arsene Wenger’s men have benefitted from numerous players returning from long-term lay-offs earlier in the campaign, particularly Mesut Ozil and Giroud.
The Frenchman in particular has made a real impact since his return in late November and has nailed down his place as Arsenal’s main striker.
Here are the stats behind Giroud’s fantastic form in front of goal.
- Giroud has now scored five goals in his last five games against West Ham.
- Giroud (goal every 106 minutes) has a better mins per goal ratio (excluding penalties) than Harry Kane (112), Sergio Aguero (134) and Alexis Sanchez (166) this season.
- The Frenchman has now scored six goals in his last eight Premier League games.
- Only six players have scored more Premier League goals than Giroud (11), despite the Arsenal striker being injured for three months.
- Only David Silva (10) has scored more left-footed goals than Giroud (7) in the Premier League.