Promotion-chasing Bournemouth face bottom of the table Blackpool this weekend in what has to be described as a complete mismatch.
Eddie Howe’s men have been revelations this season as they push for a place in the Premier League for the first time in the club’s history.
On the other hand, Blackpool have little hope of avoiding dropping into League One next season and have been cast adrift at the bottom of the table.
With the home side having notched up 8-0, 6-1 (in the reverse fixture), 5-1 (twice) and 5-3 victories this season, there are plenty of reasons for Lee Clark's side to be fearful.
A quick look at the statistics shows the gulf in class between the two sides.
- Bournemouth (74) have scored the most goals in the Championship this season whilst Blackpool (29) have scored the least.
- Blackpool have conceded a hefty 70 times so far with Bournemouth (39) conceding just over half that tally.
- The Cherries (461) have created 24 more chances than any other side whilst only Charlton (274) have created less than Blackpool (283).
- Bournemouth (17,590) have completed over 6000 more passes than Blackpool (11,415), a total which is the most in the Championship.
- Blackpool have attempted just 403 shots compared to a league high 591 from their hosts at the weekend.