Sergei Rebrov warns Arsenal off summer bid for Aleksandar Dragovic

Austria Flag

Dynamo Kiev boss Sergei Rebrov has told Arsenal he does not want to lose centre back Aleksandar Dragovic.

Dynamo Kiev manager Sergei Rebrov has warned Arsenal off making a summer bid for defender Aleksandar Dragovic, with quotes reported by the Daily Mail.

Dynamo are in England this week, facing Everton in the Europa League at Goodison Park tonight in a two-legged last 16 clash.

That means that Rebrov is also returning to England, after failed spells in his playing career with Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.

The Ukrainian will be best remembered for scoring just 15 goals in 75 games for Spurs before two goals in 33 games for West Ham; so it's fair to say his time in English football did not go well.

Now though, he's out for revenge, looking to knock Everton out of the Europa League - and in his pre-match press conference, Rebrov was asked about the future of defender Dragovic.

A report from the Daily Mail earlier this week suggested that Arsenal had sent scouts to watch the Austrian international centre back in action ahead of a possible summer bid.

Now though, Rebrov has given the Gunners a hands-off warning, with the Daily Mail reporting quotes from his press conference on Wednesday.

"You are asking about one of the best players in my team and I don't want to lose this player. He is a top-class player and I hope he will stay with us," said Rebrov.

Dragovic, 24, has been a star for Dynamo since his 2013 move from Swiss side Basel, and a great performance against Everton could just tempt the Gunners into a bid - regardless of what Rebrov says.

Register for ARSENAL team updates

Register for TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch