"Carlo Ancelotti will remain as manager of Real Madrid and all our players have the support and affection of the club."
The clear words of Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, at a press conference on Thursday following media reports in the Spanish capital, particularly the front page of Marca, which claimed the Italian coach will be sacked by the club, if his side fails to beat Barcelona in the Clásico.
Following such reports and media negativity on the back of disappointing recent results, Florentino underlined his firm backing of Carlo Ancelotti. (as reported via the official Real Madrid website, translations by Heath Chesters)
He said: "We have the best manager and the best players Real Madrid could possibly have. I wish to express categorically that the club has full confidence in the coach and the players, and whatever happens, Carlo Ancelotti will remain coach of Real Madrid, and that's also what our fans want."
Continuing, Florentino insisted: "We must continue to be united, calm and with the utmost confidence ahead of the challenges that lie ahead. This unity must be our strength, in the face of constructive or negative criticism, which has alternate motives."
Those alternate motives suggested by Florentino were a pointed criticism levelled directly at the Madrid media and in particular, Marca and AS, with there being a lengthy history between himself and negative reporting often critical of his control of the club, on the part of the two leading Spanish sports outlets.
Calling on fans to ignore what he suggested are "lies" reported in several of the media outlets, Florentino urged the Real Madrid faithful: "To keep supporting our manager and our players, and to remain proud of everything they've given us. This support and affection is even more important when we need it the most, which is right now." One more responding to the negative press headlines, he stressed: "I'm not going to stand here every day to deny news reports like these, but I must stress that we feel proud of our manager and our players."
Feeling that the media outlets are unfairly trying to fan the flames of discontent amongst supporters, Florentino suggested: "When we have a great sense of communion between the team and the players, that's when we're strongest, but I believe that some supporters have become confused with certain news stories, that have appeared in certain media outlets.
"The greatness of this club is built precisely on our level of self-demand and self-criticism. Media outlets are taking advantage of us not playing at our best, to report news that don't correspond with the truth and aren't correct."
Florentino assured that Carlo Ancelotti is more than experienced enough to ride through the criticism, explaining, "I already told him when he first came here, that what he'll have experienced so far in his career, will be nothing like what he'll experience here. The highest level of demand at Real Madrid means you can go from being the best team in history, to everything being horrible. He's a little surprised by all that's being said now, but he's a man of great experience, who has confidence in his players and aside from this atmosphere right now, is entirely focused on his work and in no doubt we're going to have a very good season."
Finally, the Real Madrid president offered thoughts and responses over two of the star players, starting with Gareth Bale, who has received his fair share of flak in the Spanish media of late.
"Bale is one of the best players in the world. The most important teams in the world fought to sign him and still are doing so now. We cannot forget what he was capable of doing in his first season at Real Madrid, or in the finals he played in."
As for Cristiano Ronaldo, with confidence Florentino concluded, "I don't need to repeat everything that Cristiano has given us. All the players have had a dip in form, based on a variety of different circumstances, and he's working extremely hard with the enthusiasm of having become the Ballon d'Or winner once again."