William Troost-Ekong has been linked with a move to Celtic.
Former Tottenham Hotspur youngster William Troost-Ekong has been linked with a switch to Celtic.
Goal.com's Graeme Bailey reports that Celtic are eyeing the centre-back as a long-term replacement for coveted defender Virgil van Dijk.
Here are five facts about Troost-Ekong...
1) William Troost-Ekong began his youth career with Fulham before being snapped up by Tottenham Hotspur's academy. He was released in 2013 at 19, without playing a first team game.
2) He signed with Eredivisie side Groningen, replacing Virgil van Djik in defence who was sold to Celtic.
3) Troost-Ekong is a Dutch youth international, but is also eligible to play for Nigeria at senior level and has not ruled out the possibility.
4) The 21-year-old has a contract which expires this summer, meaning Celtic could snap him up on a free transfer.
5) He has made 19 appearances for Groningen this season, with the side currently sitting eighth of 18 teams in the Dutch top flight.