Harry Kane’s rise to stardom has been very swift.
The 21-year-old started the season as Tottenham’s third choice striker but has quickly established himself as one of the most prolific strikers in the Premier League.
His latest brace against QPR saw Mauricio Pochettino’s men move up to sixth in the table, just three points behind Manchester United, Spurs’ next opponents, who currently occupy the final Champions League spot.
With the next England squad due to be announced later this month, Kane has surely made himself a certainty to be picked by Roy Hodgson.
Kane has been Tottenham’s saviour on a number of occasions this term. Here are the statistics behind the striker’s incredible season:
- Only Lionel Messi (41) and Cristiano Ronaldo (39) have scored more goals than Kane (26) in all competitions this season.
- No player in the Premier League or Football League has more than Kane’s 26.
- Only Sergio Aguero and Diego Costa (17) have more Premier League goals but Kane (16) did not start a league game until November.
- Kane has scored 14 goals in his last 13 Premier League games and has scored in six consecutive away games.
- Kane (16) has more Premier League goals than Aston Villa (15) this season.
- The last three players to score 25 or more goals in a season for Tottenham were Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham and Gareth Bale.