West Ham United's dismal 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday has once again piled the pressure on manager Sam Allardyce.
Many expected a response from West Ham after the 2-2 draw with Tottenham, but the Upton Park faithful left disappointed after a poor performance.
Now, the Hammers face the daunting task of welcoming league leaders Chelsea to Upton Park on Wednesday - just days after Jose Mourinho's men won the Capital One Cup final against Tottenham.
It feels like West Ham are playing out the rest of the season now, given that they lie seven points off a European place; and the attention has once again turned to Allardyce's future.
'Big Sam' was under similar pressure this time a year ago, but the West Ham board backed him and gave him money to spend on a raft of new signings last summer.
Yet now, with his contract expiring at the end of the season, it seems that West Ham could part ways with Allardyce this summer - and the Daily Mail even suggested that the Hammers hierarchy has a five-man shortlist of candidates to replace Allardyce, which features Slaven Bilic, David Moyes, Marcelo Bielsa, Michael Laudrup and Frank Rijkaard.
Co-chairman David Sullivan told the London Evening Standard last month that there were no planned talks over a new contract, and with increasing speculation over his future, Allardyce was defensive over his role as manager during a press conference today, as reported by the West Ham official website.
"Media have to write about something so they write about the contract situation. All publicity is good publicity, so write what you want. I can’t explain the situation anymore, and I am not going to explain it again," said Allardyce.