With the Daily Mirror reporting that Tottenham Hotspur are lining up a deal for promising Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bubacar Djalo, we thought it was time fans learned a little more about a player who could have a big future in the Premier League.
Here are five facts:
1. An 18-year-old defensive midfielder by trade, Djalo is a native of Guinea-Bissau but holds a Portuguese passport and has yet to represent either at international level. Spent time at the club's Sacavenense development centre before turning out for the youth side.
2. Djalo caught the eye of several scouts after turning out for the Sporting Lisbon under-19 side in the UEFA Youth League this season, often operating as a deep-lying playmaker.
3. Tottenham talent spotters may well have seen him in action against Chelsea in the group phase of this competition with the player featuring in both the home and away fixtures against the Blues.
4. Djalo scored once for Sporting against Schalke in the competition and laid on a goal for one of his teammates against NK Maribor.
5. Out of contract at the end of the season, Tottenham will be hoping to snap him up on a free, though they could face competition from Italy with Roma among those interested. His playing style has also prompted some Italian reporters to dub him “the new Paul Pogba”.