Newcastle United could be about to give youth a chance, amid reports claiming the Toon are set to offer fresh terms to one free-scoring academy prospect.
Tom Heardman has already trained with the Magpies first-team squad but after an impressive recent run of goals a new contract offer could be forthcoming.
The Chronicle is claiming that the club are set to table a new deal with improved terms in the coming days – but what do we know about this young striker?
Here are five facts on the forward.
1. Born in Gosforth, the 19-year-old striker grew up as a Newcastle United supporter, going to his first game at the tender age of five.
2. Standing tall at 6ft 4in the target man has already drawn comparisons with fellow local lad and one-time prospect Andy Carroll – the pair are actually the same height.
3. Like many Newcastle youth prospects before him, Heardman spent time on loan at Conference outfit Gateshead, where he made three appearances without scoring in the build up to Christmas 2014.
4. Previously a regular for the Newcastle under-21 side, Heardman has also impressed for the Magpies reserves under Peter Beardsley, scoring four goals in six appearances in a return that has convinced first-team manager John Carver to consider a new deal for the forward.
5. Training with the first-team has given the striker the chance to mix with one of this two goalscoring heroes at the club. While Newcastle legend Alan Shearer is one of the duo the other may be a little more surprising – Papiss Cisse.