The youngster is making his debut for QPR this afternoon.
Furlong is a familiar name for QPR fans, but they are used to seeing it up front and ten years ago.
Today however it is Darnell Furlong who is playing for QPR, as he is given the nod at right-back by Chris Ramsay.
He is making his professional debut today against Hull City, so what do you need to know about the right-back?
Here are five facts to get you started.
1) Furlong signed his first professional deal at QPR in March of last year after an impressive run of form for the club's under-18s.
2) The 20-year-old is a pacey right-back with strength in abundance.
3) Furlong has been at QPR since he was a kid and was the captain of the under-18 side. He is a natural leader who QPR fans will hope to see plenty more of going forward.
4) Furlong has a famous dad. His old man Paul Furlong was a former professional footballer himself. An imposing centre-forward, he played for QPR for five years from 2002 until 2007, and also had a loan spell at the club in the year 2000.
5) Furlong led the under-18s side to the Professional Development League title in 2013.