West Ham are on something of a low having won just once in the last eight Premier League games, and were then thumped 4-0 by West Brom in the FA Cup on Saturday - with the Daily Mail suggesting that co-chairman David Sullivan wants to appease fans with a new signing.
Given that he's far from a household name in English football, here are five things West Ham fans need to know about their reported target...
- Nene has been a highly regarded playmaker throughout his career, but his only international recognition was four caps for the Brazil Under-23 side back in 2003.
- Nene has had a long career, starting in Brazil but taking him to Spain with Mallorca, Alaves, Celta Vigo and Espanyol, as well as to France with Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain.
- The best spell of his career was with PSG, hitting 36 goals in 79 games for the French giants before moving on to Qatar in 2013.
- The 33-year-old is known for his dribbling and impressive close control, whilst the left footer also possesses a threat from set pieces.
- Nene is available on a free transfer, and whilst he's being described as a winger, he would be a fine candidate to play at the tip of West Ham's diamond as cover for Stewart Downing.