The Southampton striker is currently on loan with Serie A club Internazionale, but he has no chance of getting back in the side, and Boca’s president has confirmed to Gianluca Di Marzio that a deal is close to completion.
With his future at St Mary’s Stadium looking over, the Argentina-born Italian international was sent on loan to Inter, where he enjoyed something of a rejuvenation. Five goals in 12 games is an impressive return for the 29-year-old, although he has not made an appearance since January 6, when he had an on-pitch bust up with teammate Mauro Icardi.
Since then, his Inter career has also looked over, and he was linked with a loan return to the Premier League before the close of the transfer window. QPR were said to have agreed a deal with Inter and Southampton regarding the transfer of the loan - as per TMW - although the player himself was rejecting the move to wait upon interest from Juventus.
However, that Juve interest never came to fruition, and a new report published in TMW yesterday claimed that Argentine club Boca Juniors were preparing to move for Osvaldo. There was no indication if an offer had been submitted, but Boca’s president Daniel Angelici has told Gianluca Di Marzio that he is confident a deal will be completed before the closing of the transfer window on February 15.
He said: “We're optimistic with Osvaldo. We’re just waiting for him to handle some personal matters.”
These words certainly confirm the interest, and they make it seem as if all three clubs have come to an agreement, with just Osvaldo left to agree to the deal.