Manchester United were said to be keeping close tabs on promising Heerenveen midfielder Daley Sinkgraven, with The Mirror stating at the tailend of last year that the Old Trafford outfit were weighing up a move for the teenage star.
With Louis van Gaal at the Manchester club a number of Dutch players are said to be targets, with Daley Blind already swapping his homeland for a switch to join up with his compatriot.
However, the 19-year-old is set for a move domestically, with the starlet confirming on Friday night that he has agreed a deal to move to defending Eredivisie champions Ajax.
“I am very happy with it,” the Heerenveen man told NOS.
“This week I had a good conversation with Frank de Boer. I hope I’ve made the right choice.”
Sinkgraven is said to have signed a five-and-a-half year deal with the Amsterdam-based side, in a deal believed to be worth in the region of €6.5 million.
The teenager broke into the Heerenveen first team last season and has been an ever-present this term for the Eredivisie side.
Sinkgraven has scored four goals domestically and has impressed onlookers with his ability on the ball.
Having represented his nation at under-17, 18 and 19 level over the years, he made three appearances for the Netherlands under-21 side in 2014 and is adjudged as the one of the European nation’s rising stars.