Tottenham are reportedly attempting to sign Stuttgart forward Timo Werner.
According to the Daily Mirror, Tottenham could look to land Stuttgart forward Timo Werner in an exchange deal for defender Younes Kaboul.
Kaboul has slipped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane in recent weeks, and the Mirror suggest that Stuttgart want to sign him - with Spurs eyeing a potential swap deal for Werner.
Given that he's far from a household name in English football, so here are five things Tottenham fans need to know about Werner...
- Werner, 18, is considered to be one of Germany's stars of the future, having hit 16 goals in 18 games for their Under-17 side earlier in his career.
- Werner first joined Stuttgart as a six-year-old, and made his debut aged 17 - becoming the youngest ever player to play for Stuttgart.
- In November 2013, Werner scored twice against Freiburg, and in doing so became the youngest player to ever score two goals in a Bundesliga game.
- Primarily a winger, Werner has great pace and dribbling ability, which allows him to get in behind defences and cause havoc.
- In 16 league appearances for Stuttgart this season, Werner has contributed three goals and an assist as Stuttgart gradually ease him into the first team.