Burnley manager Sean Dyche has admitted to Sky Sports that there has been interest in Danny Ings this month, but stresses that the striker will be at Turf Moor until the end of the season.
Ings, 22, is out of contract in the summer, and his impressive goalscoring form in recent campaigns is reported to have attracted interest from a number of Premier League rivals.
The promising front man has so far remained tight-lipped on his future, telling Goals on Sunday earlier this month: "Obviously with social media and all of that outside noise there’s going to be speculation for any player doing well for their club.
“I’m not the type of player to buzz off the speculation and think, ‘Maybe I can move there’. It’s all about the football, letting my feet do the talking, and I’m happy at the moment.”
“There’s just been contact – constant contact, but we all know where we stand,” he said.
“I think contractual situations are private to players. We try and entrust in our players and our relationships with them.
“Danny’s made it clear he’s going to be here until the end of the season, we’ve made it clear he’s going to be here until the end of the season. After that, who knows – watch this space.
“He wants to be here. He’s made that clear, and said that to all you guys [the media] numerous times, so I’m happy to go along with his words.”
Ings has netted seven times in 19 Premier League games this season, following a 2013-14 campaign which saw his 21 Championship goals fire the unfancied Clarets to a surprise promotion.
With the club sitting 17th in the top-flight table, having taken 20 points from their 22 fixtures, it’s clear that holding onto their star man is the main goal for this month, but what happens in the summer is tough to predict at this point.