Mario Balotelli's agent on when Liverpool future will be addressed

Balotelli 2

Mario Balotelli's agent says there is no chance of his client leaving Liverpool in January, but admits the situation will be addressed in the summer.

Mario Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, has told Sky Sports that the issue of his client’s future at Liverpool will be addressed in the summer.

Brendan Rodgers came out on Monday and stated that the Italian striker remains part of his plans at Anfield, as reported by The Guardian.

Raiola has reiterated that stance, with there no chance of a move being made during the January transfer window.

He insists that Balotelli is eager to prove himself on Merseyside, with form and fitness issues having prevented him from showing his true colours.

The situation will be reassessed in the summer, though, after the 24-year-old former Manchester City forward has completed his first full season back in English football.

Raiola told Sky Sports News HQ: "We didn't ask to leave. It is too early, with the injury, to say we leave in January. There are no big problems. He's adapting to a new style that the manager wants. We'll see in the summer."

Balotelli has struggled to make an impact during a second stint in the Premier League, having previously helped City to title glory.

He is still waiting on his first top-flight goal in the 2014/15 campaign, with his two efforts to date coming in Champions League and Capital One Cup competition.

There are plenty of games to come in which to make his mark, with it possible that one strike will be enough to open the floodgates and restore lost confidence.

Register for LIVERPOOL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch