The French under-21 striker joined Crystal Palace instead this week.
This week saw Yaya Sanogo leave Arsenal on loan for Crystal Palace. The Frenchman was also targeted by Hull City, as confirmed by The Tigers boss Steve Bruce in his press conference today.
Sanogo, who is yet to score a Premier League goal for Arsenal, joined Palace until the end of the season on Tuesday, as Arsene Wenger sought to give him more first-team football.
Wenger in fact told Arsenal.com yesterday just why he decided Sanogo should go elsewhere:
"Look, Sanogo needs to play. For me, he needs to play in the Premier League. Then we’ll know much more about him. I think he’s ready - it’s a very interesting challenge for him."
Sanogo's loan availability has been talked about for a number of weeks prior to his completed deal with Palace. In fact, it was reported by Sky Sports earlier in the month that he was all set to join French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux for the season.
Now Hull boss Bruce has been talking about his interest in the Arsenal player, which unfortunately came to nothing. The reason? Because Sanogo was not keen on a move up north. Bruce told his press conference:
MEDIA: Steve Bruce on missing out on a loan deal to bring Yaya Sanogo to the KC: "He either wanted to go to France or stay in London."— Hull City Official (@HullCity) January 16, 2015
Hull have struggled for goals this season, netting just 20 times in 21 league games. They have also suffered injuries to Nikica Jelavic and Abel Hernandez which, according to the BBC, could see both players sidelined for the next six weeks.
So missing out on Sanogo would certainly look like a problem for Hull. Luckily they still have plenty of time to scour the market for an alternative to the goal-shy Arsenal youngster.