Liverpool transfer round-up: Lucas to stay, striker on rejecting moves away

Lucas Leiva

A selection of the latest stories involving Liverpool Football Club circulating in the media this Friday morning.

Midfielder Lucas Leiva will not be leaving the club this summer according to the Liverpool Echo despite attracting interest from clubs in Italy - in particular Inter Milan. 

The Echo quotes manager Brendan Rodgers after he spoke to the media yesterday ahead of Liverpool's game with Aston Villa this weekend. 

Rodgers said: “No, he is not one that we would want to lose in January. There will be speculation over the course of the month on a lot of players. It is not something I would be willing to do in January. Of course at the end of the season everything is looked at again but the team is in a good momentum.

“We have had nothing from them (Inter). I think he’s just enjoying playing and he’s playing very well.”

Fabio Borini has told the Liverpool Echo he doesn't regret rejecting to moves to Sunderland and Queens Park Rangers in the summer to stay at Anfield.

Borini has yet to find the net this season, something which he says he should have done, but appears to still enjoy being a Liverpool player.

He said: “I’ve never regretted staying here.

“Yes, I could have left but I wanted to stay at Liverpool and I’m glad I did.

“I probably should have scored a couple of goals from the few chances I’ve had but I’m quite happy with my season so far.

“I won’t be leaving this month either. I started the last game and I don’t see any reason why I would need to change clubs. I see it as all positive for me.”

The Reds last night confirmed they have recalled 19-year-old winger Jordon Ibe from his season-long loan spell with Derby County.

Ibe is one of the most promising talents within the Liverpool squad and has impressed during his time in the Championship. He is available for selection for this weekend's game with Villa.

Register for LIVERPOOL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch